Head of Biology
During the coming years, we will take our Her2-directed antibody-drug conjugate LxC-001 to the clinic, and our liver disease-directed conjugates through the preclinical development stage. On this cutting edge of disease-specific biologicals development, we are searching for a Head of Biology.February 25, 2019
As Head of Biology, you will play a key role in steering and supporting the development of our products from the biological perspective. Your responsibilities will range from developing cell-based in vitro assays, to outlining and overseeing complex IND-enabling non-clinical studies. More specifically, you will:
- Lead the LinXis biology team.
- Develop (bio-)assays and preclinical models that support LinXis products throughout discovery and development.
- Support the design and execution of complex biological (in vivo) studies to assess fate, safety and efficacy of LinXis products (PKPD/ADME, drug targeting, response assessment, toxicology).
- Support the development of the biological targeting moieties (e.g. antibodies) that are used as the targeting moieties of LinXis products.
- Support non-clinical and clinical development with respect to bio-analytics (PKPD, ADME) and biomarkers.
To qualify for this position, we expect you to have:
- A PhD in a life science- related biological field.
- At least 10 years experience in biological therapeutics or targeted therapy, preferably in the areas of oncology or liver disease, and in an industrial setting.
- A sound grasp of pathobiology from the molecular scale to the cellular-, animal- and human scale.
- Hands-on experience in in vivo studies.
- Experience in working in cross-functional research- and development teams.
What we offer:
We offer a unique career opportunity under attractive conditions. The small size and early stage of LinXis guarantees a dynamic and challenging work environment, and provides substantial possibility for personal growth. Flexibility and a hands-on mentality will be your most valuable assets. If you are up to the challenge of helping us make the difference, please send your resume and letter of motivation to email@example.com. You will work in both our Amsterdam as well as our Utrecht locations.